REGIONAL DAS CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Dallas or Houston
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
The Regional DAS Construction Manager will take a leading role in managing all DAS construction related activities in the assigned region. Aspects of the role will include the hiring and management of project specific DAS Construction Project Managers in the region, enforcement of Mobilitie standards, quality assurance compliance, vendor management, and ensuring that construction meets the highest standards for Mobilitie and its clients. The Regional DAS Construction Manager will be knowledgeable of the various carriers’ construction requirements and will ensure that they are upheld.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage evaluation and vetting of DAS installation vendors, Head End construction vendors, and A&E services providers.
- Coordinate initial site walks to identify equipment space and verify constructability.
- Review Engineering design and BOMs for DAS and Head End to establish construction budget baseline.
- Conduct bid walks with DAS and Head End construction vendors to solicit proposals and select project construction vendors.
- Evaluate construction proposals from vendors to review vendor qualifications, comparison of scopes of work, completeness and accuracy of BOMs, and pricing. Ensure that proposals meet venue and jurisdiction requirements.
- Evaluate Lease Exhibit drawings, Construction Drawings, and other A&E services such as structural analyses for accuracy and completion.
- On-site Management of contractors and DAS Construction Managers during the construction process.
- Manage ordering and installation of site monitoring equipment, including provisioning of telco services for alarm monitoring.
- Coordinate with wireless carriers, as well as Project Manager and Engineering Manager, on BTS installation and integration into the DAS.
- Ensure that project execution is performed in accordance with specific project Service Orders
- Maintain project QA procedures and ensure that site safety requirements are upheld
- Coordinate punch list sites walks and manage the completion of any deficient items
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction or Engineering preferred, or equivalent experience. Three to Seven (3-7) years of experience managing large-scale indoor and outdoor DAS projects.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with construction contracts and competitive bidding procedures
- An in depth knowledge of DAS theory and products and a high level of experience with indoor and outdoor DAS installations, fiber and coax installation, splicing, connectorization, testing, etc.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret test results from sweep, PIM and OTDR test equipment/reports
- Must have and in depth knowledge of and experience with the AT&T 5-Step Process
- Proficiency with Commscope, Corning Mobile Access, experience with SOLiD and/or Teko is a plus
- Must have the ability to read and understand CD’s, structural analysis and iBwave schematics
- Experience in civil construction, zoning, permitting and other land use matters is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to prioritize and facilitate multiple projects simultaneously, balance ongoing duties with several special projects and perform accurately and professionally under pressure with very short deadlines
- Willing/able to travel as needed
- Must be proficient with MS Project, Excel, Word, Project, Visio, PowerPoint and iBwave.
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!