Any Major City In Central US
Please note: agency candidates not being accepted for this role
Mobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today’s world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.
The RF Engineer will be responsible for RF Engineering Design and Optimization of LTE Macro and Small Cells. He/She will be responsible for designing, optimizing, analyzing and improving performance of CDMA and LTE networks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Redesign mature network areas to minimize capacity constraints and improve SINR while working with other areas to ensure performance fixes/initiatives are in place.
- Perform macro/small cell/in building design, including antenna selection and placement, utilizing knowledge in GSM, LTE, CDMA, 1x, EVDO and microwave.
- Create and/or confirm proposed designs with the local market RF engineer and transition them into action.
- Design search rings and site deviations, translate RF designs into interconnect diagrams/digital unit diagrams, file regulatory documents, issue operational work orders, update databases, and create project reports.
- Assist regional traffic engineer and field teams during site construction and commissioning.
- Partner with systems performance team to improve network KPIs.
- Use internal tools to process regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited university in Engineering or Computer Science; minimum of two (2+) years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry.
- Familiarity in cell site design and terminology is required. Candidate should have a very good understanding of LTE network KPIs and key parameters.
- Previous experience with Excel, Adobe and Visio is required; experience with Siterra, Atoll, and/or any Verizon proprietary tools is a plus.
- Knowledge on small cell and macro site design considerations in urban, suburban, and rural environments is a plus.
- As data consolidation of large files is required, candidate should have experience utilizing SQL and Visual Basic (VB) to manipulate data.
Mobilitie offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie’s Careers page!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!